Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TMI Tuesday: fantasy anyone?

Thank you to Swinging Gemma for this week’s TMI Tuesday questions.

Fantasy Anyone?

1. Do you think acting out a fantasy can sometimes cause damage to a relationship?

I know it can, I've seen the aftermath in friends' relationships more than once.


2. Some couples role play their fantasies rather than introducing another person into the relationship to live out their fantasies.  Do you think this is an acceptable substitute?

That is not for me to say.
  The lovers in question need to negotiate that for themselves.

3. Is there a particular movie or TV series or character from a movie or TV series that you fantasize about?

Not now.  When I was younger, yes.


4. Apart from the obvious things like child abuse, are there some things that are 'off limits' for a fantasy e.g. incest, age play, rape fantasies.  Why/why not?
Are there things that are off limit to ME in my mind/sexual life?  Absolutely.  Do some practices, fetishes, and fantasies turn me off?  Again, yes.  Do I find some things to be completely wrong on a personal level?  HELL YES. 

BUT

If consenting adults are being safe and sane, then it is not for me to judge them.  I will ask to not know certain details, though.
  Since you asked, off-limits for me includes those listed above (rape, incest, age play) and then a lot of things that I just consider unsafe and unsanitary.

(*****it's worth noting having read other people's answers that I may have mis-interpreted the Q when I answered.  Hence this insert.  I took it to mean off limits in terms of FULFILLING those fantasies and/or scene play.  I won't legislate someone's thoughts.  But again, I will ask that they keep them to themselves)


5. What is the most taboo thing you have ever fantasized about doing?
uhhhhhh, my fantasies aren't particularly taboo.  I have a kinky side, yes, but compared to SOME people I know...........  or the things you can find on FetLife or Alt .......................  I'm pretty tame.

6.  Tell us about a fantasy that you have that you don't ever see yourself acting out.  What do you think it will never act out?
This is an easy one....  I fantasize about a few different people in my life on occasion.  People with whom I will NEVER have sexual contact for a variety of reasons.  Several are colleagues, more than one is a good friend.  All are happily partnered.  Most, to my knowledge, are strictly monogamous.  For those who are NOT strictly monogamous, we already know that getting naked is never happening.  It has been discussed and decided.

But it's nice to have a go-to person or two in your head when you need to spend some quality time with yourself.  You already have an idea of the person's body, vocal inflection, et al.

Also, while the whole 'stranded in the cabin in the woods with the snow' seems nice in a trashy novel or erotic movie.... I really have no desire to be TRULY STUCK with someone in that type of situation.  Food, water, power..................  Going to that situation by choice would be lovely.  So I suppose that is a fantasy.  But agreeing to stay and enjoy the enforced closeness is far different than not knowing what might happen.

7.  Have you ever pretended the person you were having sex with was someone else without telling them?
Not that I can recall.  Maybe during a one-night stand.


8.  Have you ever tried to make a fantasy a reality only to have it fail miserably?  What happened?
Not so much.  I'm pretty much a chicken shit when it comes to a lot of those things.  Though I am exploring my Dominant side a bit right now.  Nothing has horribly failed.  But the things that are VERY close to my heart...... those I don't see happening anytime in the near future.  And I'll have to feel very safe/comfortable with a partner to discuss them.  Those are each of a very deep, emotional intimacy, though.  So probably not 'fantasies' in the traditional sense.


Bonus: Tell us about your most cherished fantasy. Did you ever live it out? Please give us all the juicy details because that is the kind of people we are.

My 'most cherished' fantasies are deeply, emotionally intimate and personal, and therefore not for public consumption.

————-
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

No comments:

Post a Comment