1. What one part of your sex life today would most surprise the 17-year old you?
I really have no idea how to answer this one. Sex was NOT on my mind in high school. I was pretty focused on getting through high school and on to the next phase of my life. I didn't date, and having sex didn't cross my mind. I didn't want to get pregnant or catch and STD. The AIDS scare of the 80s made a lasting impression on me. I probably realized that pre-marital sex would happen, but not until I was older. I've always been blessed with the wisdom to understand the difference between love and sex.
2. What one thing might shock the younger you?
I think the 17-year-old me would be surprised that I'm still unpartnered. About my junior year in high school, goofy me decided that 28 would be a about a good time to get married. My reasoning-- by then I'd be done with my higher education (at least a Master's) and be well-established in my career. Or at least on the right track to being established. With those two goals under my belt, I could start seriously looking for a spouse. I reasoned I'd start looking around 26 and be married about 28.
Yes, HUGE nerd who over thinks everything. Little did I know the course my life would take. Never in my WILDEST dreams did I anticipate being in my early 30s without degree, settled career, or mate. Of course, I didn't plan on losing most of my 20s to disease and fighting my way towards recovery.
3. What part of the younger you're (not necessarily at age 17) sex life do you look back on with the most nostalgia.
I didn't HAVE a sex life until my early 30s. Well, that's not exactly true, but it's close enough. I DO miss having the figure of my late teens and early 20s. I actually FELT attractive in those days. I do miss having friends to cuddle with/against. And while I will NEVER go back to long-hair (too much work), there are things I could do with it to get attention from across a crowded room. That was always fun. :D
4. Is there anything in the younger you's sexual ambitions or fantasies you have not yet fulfilled.
Man, these questions are JUST not my week. I'm still just starting to bloom sexually. My younger self didn't have a lot of sexual ambitions or fantasies. There are plenty of ambitions/fantasies that have cropped up in the last few years that need fulfilment. All in good time, ojala.
Bonus: give you 17-year-old self a piece of sexual advice.
1. wear bras more often. yes, you dislike them. but as you get older your girls will than you. as will your self-esteem
2. figure out how to get a properly fitted bra, and always have them. you'll look a lot better, and your clothes will fit better
3. start masturbating once you leave home and don't have to worry about being around family. don't be embarrassed or have other negative emotions about it. it's natural and healthy. it will help you open up more to a partner, and at a younger age. and you need to know how your body works if you want to enjoy yourself with a partner.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!